Welcome

Welcome to my blog. This blog will be about the good and bad of living on a budget that will vary from low to even lower. I will also share my struggles with grocery shopping and staying with in my budget. I will also share some of the yummy recipes i will feeding my family, good and bad. Enjoy.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Pinnapple Chicken in slow cooker


I thought i would share this recipie with all of you. It is very easy and you can switch it up to meet your family needs.
1 1/2lbs to 2lbs of skinless chicken thighs( i buy with skin on and just deskin myself)
3/4 to 1lb of carrots sliced
1 pepper sliced in strips i used yellow but sometimes use red
1 jar of vh pinneapple sauce( i used NN from superstore, you can also use sweet n sour
-place chicken in slow cooker and add all the rest of ingredients on top cover and let cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. depends on size of your chicken9 sometimes it may need a bit less time). I usually cook it till it is almost falling off the bone.
I usally serve over rice.
I make sure that my chicken is fully unthawed for this recipie.
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment