Welcome

Welcome to my blog. This blog will be about the good and bad of living on a budget that will vary from low to even lower. I will also share my struggles with grocery shopping and staying with in my budget. I will also share some of the yummy recipes i will feeding my family, good and bad. Enjoy.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Its always something

Well today my daughter came home from school telling me that she needed a new pair as hers are wrecked. Not to big of a deal as long as we can find a pair for under $12 i told her so of we went to Walmart. I was thinking wow i hope she isn;t fussy tonight and i sure hope that they have a good selection of shoes. So we entered the store and made our way to the shoes. We started walking down the isle and she started ooh i like the Hannah Montana pair($22) and the Jonas Brothers pair($21) i turned my head and looked on to find a cheaper pair.
I found a pair of just walmart brand of shoes and they were regular $8 and not on sale so i had her try them on and well they were just okay mom i heard lol, so i kept on my trek. I came across a end cap of clearance shoes, now i thought we hit the jackpot.
I found a pair of shoes that i thought were so cute and was hoping that she would also agree, she did, yay 1 for me so we tried them on and they fit and she said she wanted them, yay 2 for me lol. I looked at the brand and they were BUM brand, i love this brand of shoes and they seem to hold up. So then i looked at the price tag regular $20 marked down to ..........................................................
$5 yes $5 i was shocked. yay 3 for me lol it was a good shopping experience. Then we proceded and picked a couple loafs of bread $1.48 each cheaper then costco( that is where we are headed next) so the tola damage at walmart was $8.21.

We were on our way to costco, made it in the nick of time as they close at 8:30 lol.
I can out of there with only 2 items i was so in shock as that has never happened before my damage at costco was $10.25, $4.19 for 4L milk, and $5.49 for a big bag of chips( our munchies for the week.

Then i was informed by my oldest and my daughter that there school pizza coupons were about to expire. So we made our way to pizza hut so they could redeem there pizza coupons for a personal pizza, free is always nice. It will be there lunch tomorrow.
Well my other school aged son was so upset last month when the other 2 got free pizza, see the school teachers have the option weather to participate in this or not and his teacher doesn't, i don;t think this is right but hey i don;t have a say in it. So I made a deal at the beginning of February that if he reads 4 days every week that i will buy him a personal pizza the same time( see he doesnt care for reading, bribery lol) So pizza hut damage was $3.66, not to bad.

Well now we had to make our way to Safeway to finish our grocery shopping, if you remember yesterday hubbie got called into work in the middle of our shopping adventure. This is what i bought, i will include regular prices so you can see how much the savings really are.
3-2L dr.pepper reg.$5.97 paid $5, $0.75 for deposit and $0.18 for recyling levi
2- mountain breeze $2.00, $0.25 deposit and 0.06 levi
marchmallows 400g 2.38
Royal bath tissue 24 roll reg $11.99 on sale $5.99 and $1 coupns so $4.99
585g of ground pork $4.50
1.275kg of bananas $2.19
1.88 jumbo cantalope regular $4.10 on sale for $2.03
head of cauliflower reg $3.95 on sale for $2.31
Total was $29.09
Not to bad as i saved $11.68

No comments:

Post a Comment