Welcome

Welcome to my blog. This blog will be about the good and bad of living on a budget that will vary from low to even lower. I will also share my struggles with grocery shopping and staying with in my budget. I will also share some of the yummy recipes i will feeding my family, good and bad. Enjoy.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

50's Primetime Meatloaf(WDW)



I am a disneyfanatic, I love all things disney. I got even more hooked when i finnally saved enough money for us to take a trip there in April of 2009. This was our very first real family vacation since we had been married at that was 12 years, crazy I know. We went to Disneyland but since i love all things disney lol, i came across the allears.net website and it has wonderful recipies on there so i thought i would give one a try.

It was so easy to make and so good, i actually made it into 2 loaf pans and used half of the sauce for the one(other half is froze) i cooked both and froze 1. The sauce can be all used on 1 if you like it with lots, and the shocker 3 out of 4 ofmy kids liked it so it is a winner in my books.
her is the webiste: http://allears.net/din/recipes/rec_50ml.htm
Here is the recipie:


INGREDIENTS:

2 lb ground beef
1 lb ground pork
4 eggs
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
½ cup diced onions
1/4 cup diced green peppers
1/4 cup diced red peppers
2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
Cracked black pepper to taste
Kosher salt to taste
½ cup Meatloaf Glaze (recipe below)

METHOD:

Dice peppers and onions and set aside for later use. Combine meats and seasonings. Add vegetables. Place meat mixture in oiled loaf pan. Bake at 350º F oven for 1 hour (internal temp 155º).

Brush meatloaf with meatloaf glaze. Bake another 10 minutes. Let meatloaf set 10 minutes, cut loaf and serve.

MEATLOAF GLAZE
INGREDIENTS:

½ cup ketchup
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tsp Dijon mustard
½ Tsp worcestershire sauce

METHOD:

Combine all ingredients until mixture is smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment