Welcome

Welcome to my blog. This blog will be about the good and bad of living on a budget that will vary from low to even lower. I will also share my struggles with grocery shopping and staying with in my budget. I will also share some of the yummy recipes i will feeding my family, good and bad. Enjoy.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Honey Garlic Chicken




This is very yummy and was a hit with all 4 of my kids.( i forgot to add the pinneapple in at the end but still had the juice from them)

10to 12 boneless & skinless chicken thighs, or 6 chicken breasts with bone in but skinless

1 20-oz can pineapple tidbits
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
3 Tbsp ketchup
3 to 4 gloves crushed garlic

Put chicken in slow cooker. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Mix pineapple juice, soy sauce, honey, ketchup and garlic in bowl. Pour over chicken.

Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-7 hours. Stir in pineapple tidbits before serving. For the bone in i cooked it on high for 5 hours so low would be 7 to 8

There is a lot of sauce left over to if you wanted you could probably up your chicken pieces a bit( 1 to 2 more should be fine)

No comments:

Post a Comment